Saturday, July 21, 2007

Test Results

I met the crew at 5:30AM. I'm tired and have information overload. A lot of great information was provided by several D1 officials covering holding philosophy, mechanics, DPI, etc.

Or association reps reported back from a meeting with the coaches. There seems to be an open dialog between the coaches and the staff regarding rule interpretation and he as a group will be enforcing them. I think this is great idea, although I expect to hear the same thing I hear in high school - last week they didn't call that.

This is a topic I like some opinions on. How do you ensure consistency between crews when it comes to judgement calls? Obviously by their very nature they are somewhat subjective. Does your association provide you with judgement guidelines?

During the clinic we took two tests - 30 questions each. The first was fairly easy and I only missed one (and an easy one too) Prior to the snap from scrimmage kick formation the SJ and FJ should identify the numbers of the two eligible receivers on their side of the formation.. Well, duh... but I got that one wrong.

The second test was on penalty enforcements and I did not do as well. I passed but with a caveat.

I explain more on this next time.

No comments:

Pigskinref Status Report