Monday, August 6, 2007

Change is good, right?

Just returned from the HS football meeting. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I expected to be moved to another crew. Unfortunately, I was.

Being on a crew is akin to being on a team. That's a really nice cliche, but not really true... it is more like being in a click. We have our table at the meetings, our own inside jokes, our own countless stories about games where 'this' or 'that' happened, and we want the whole thing to be exclusive. There are people we never want to work with, and lets be honest, don't deserve to be on our crew. Our crew ROCKS and we know it. And I will miss working with those guys.

But, we all knew this day was going to come. We do actually have the highest rated crew in the association. All five of us work at least 1st or 2nd round of playoffs each year. Most of the other crews are really hurting for experienced people. We need to do what is best for the association.

From what I was told, my new crew chief asked for help and my name was the first to come-up. I'll assume this was a complement.

My new crew chief, I am told, is a good guy and runs a good game. Its odd, but in 11 years with the association, I have never actually worked any games with him. When I asked where he planned on using me, he said that was up to me. Now, that has never happened before. Either I am highly respected and thus, can get whatever I want, or this crew is weak all around and anywhere I work will make things better. I prefer to think the former, but I expect it is the later.

Completed the first of three open book test. I have another gripe session next time on some of the annoying questions that are asked on the NFHS test.

No comments:

Pigskinref Status Report