Sunday, August 30, 2009

Let's do this thing

Football season is upon us and I once again become part of the greatest game humankind has known. The scrimmages are over, the tests are over, and my patience is over. Let's get this thing started already.

College scrimmages pretty much sucked this year --only inner-team scrimmages. The way I understand it there just is not enough money for teams to travel for scrimmage. This is unfortunate. This problem, however, is not limited to Community Colleges. Many of the High Schools in our area will not be fielding Freshman teams. This is very disappointing.

I received a full schedule from the Community College association and will continue working as Umpire. The complete HS schedule is not out yet, but I have my first game on Thursday as the White Hat and then two games on Friday -- one as White Hat and the other as Line Judge.

I do know I will have two varsity White Hat games this season. Regular readers will know this is a big deal.

During the off-season I was given the job of Chairman of the Certification Program for the HS association. This also means I get the grade all the tests. More on this and some the rule changes next time.

Pigskinref Status Report