Monday, August 13, 2007

Scrimmges 'R Us

Saturday is both college scrimmage day and one of the HS scrimmage days. I'm required to do both in order to work games. Luckily, our college regional rep is also part of our association (and my former HS crew chief) and he was able to negotiate a deal with the HS head guy. But we still need to work and hour at the HS scrimmage, then run over to the college scrimmage, then back to the HS scrimmages. Next Sat will be the same thing. What a pain.

I did get the schedule for the first half of the college season - three games. I don't work the first two weeks. I guess this is ok since we were really only promised four games for the season. I get the last 5 weeks of the season in 10 days or so. If I get 6 games for the season I'll be ok with it. Since I work primarily at Umpire, I should be happy with what I got. There are 22 umpires and 17 games per week. Getting 3 games is pretty good I guess.

Next year I'll have to push to work the wings.

No comments:

Pigskinref Status Report